Thursday, January 29, 2009

What you mean we, white man?

In my next life, if I get one, I want to come back as a woman. Lot's of reasons. For one, when any woman I have ever been involved with sexually gets horny they can just come up behind me, tap me on the shoulder or just whisper in my ear, "I'm horny, let's fuck." ALWAYS WORKS. When I am horny I will say, "Cmon Babe, let's do it, or cmon, let's have sex", or something . How come they always answer something to the effect of, "That's not the way to start, you have to kiss me and rub me a little and get me in the mood". That's bullshit. Does that seem fair to you?

In my first post I mention that in the winter months we are sometimes forced to use two sheets on the bed. We are; myself, Joel, a soon to be 64 year old retired garment center executive and Massiel, a 24 year old Dominican girl, with whom I have lived for the past 3 1/2 years, and our two cats, QD and Harry. Massiel is my second Dominican wife in 8 years. She is number 4. I often refer to her as my "current" wife, but she is really going to be my last. We are expecting a baby in July and I plan on being around to help it grow up as best I can. Massiel is going to be an awesome mother, as long as she gets a little guidance, more from Dr. Spock than from me. I worked in the garment center for 30+years and decided in 1997 that I had had enough. Well, maybe, the business had had enough of me, I have never really been sure. But one way or the other I left the business. The business had changed so much that for me it had lost its appeal. A year or so later my best friend Sal I were talking about what I could do (I was working as a dealer at the Diamond Club, an underground Poker club in NYC at the time) to get back into the mainstream world. He was the head of production for a major T shirt company that I had worked for 3 times previously and his first instinct was to try to get me back into the company. I had left the company every other time that I had worked for them and couldn't see any reason why it would be any different the fourth time. Sal was living almost full time in the Dominican Republic. His company had started to produce most of their products there due to the enormous savings available in labor costs. Because he had made many connections, his suggestion of my moving down to the DR to act as a broker for companies wanting to sew in the DR and realize these same types of savings in their labor costs, it seemed like a good idea. In January of 1999 I went down to visit, liked what I saw and decided to move down as soon as my daughter went away to college (Rochester). My wife Number 2 in more ways than one) and I moved her up to school at the end of August and I left NewYork in September.

Hey Joel: How about a little Poker content.
O.K. I have an 11th place finish in the WSOP main event. I am the person who brought Hold'em to the Dominican Republic. I have worked as a supervisor at the WSOPand until its demise, I was the research editor for Poker Life Magazine. (Poker Life was an ill fated attempt to cash in on the Poker boom that started after Moneymaker won the WSOP in 2004. It failed, in my opinion becaused it lacked poker content.)

1 comment:

  1. Joel,

    Only 2 posts, and I was looking forward to a great laugh about dominican drivers! Keep it going and I`ll become a follower.

    GDV

    ReplyDelete